Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tax Time

Like every April 15 it is that time of year. Tax time.

What always amazes me is the near elation people get with a refund. Many folks are happy that the government who over taxes, over spends and wastes your money gives back the money you gave them without interest. I like to equate a refund to someone holding my ice cream cone on the beach for an hour or so and then giving it back to me to eat. Yeah I can lick the drips and eat the cone but it would have been so much more useful and satisfying if I had it when I first got it.

I'm sure it is by design (Look what we did for you; you got a refund) instead of the reaction that we should be having (More then half of my salary is for taxes!!!)

My lovely home state of New Jersey has decided to step in line quickly with the rest of the Statists (Please refer to Mark Levins latest masterpiece for a definition) in Washington to raise my taxes. If all goes to their liking I will be paying a minimum of 62% of all that I make to varied branches of government through taxation.

I hope the Tea parties keep growing a grass roots movement to conservatism. Not a moderate, neo or any other type but a true conservative movement. Not a drive to existing Republican party politics (They are almost as bad) but a grass roots change.

No comments:

Post a Comment